welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Friday, October 24, 2014

BASH STREET KIDS: ANOTHER DISASTER AT THE PRINTING WORKS


The other day I received a copy the Beano No. 1257 dated 20th August, 1966 with another story of The Bash Street Kids visiting the Beano printing works. I like strips in which characters are self-conscious of their fictitious nature and especially the ones involving play with colours (you can read another one like this HERE). 




4 comments:

  1. I seem to recall a trip to the printing presses where it was commented that Little Plum had got bigger, and the explanation was given that strips are drawn big to start with. Any sign of that strip? Why did they make so many trips? Did the kids have memory trouble? One suspects that readers of different generations wrote in over the years asking how the Beano was made; the kids might not have aged or changed, but readers did. I’m 41 on Thurs…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Or maybe it was simply a fun theme for a strip?
      You may have seen that other printing presses episode of The Bash Street Kids on my blog here: http://kazoop.blogspot.de/2013/08/the-bash-street-kids-learn-how-comics.html
      Congrats on your forthcoming birthday!

      Delete
  2. Or it could have been that the scriptwriters were running out of new ideas. I have to be honest and say that I'm not too keen on strips where the characters are aware of their comic strip status.

    ReplyDelete